Activities for Farm Stay Guests
Kinnikinnick Farm is not a resort or a “dude” farm with “planned” activities. It is a working farm where David and the farm crew are busy harvesting, planting, and tending crops and livestock during the workweek. The pace slows down on weekends. It’s a good place to unplug from the world for a while, get off the grid, slow down, and settle into the rhythm of the day and the simple daily schedule of meal preparation, relaxing and reading, playing games, exploring the countryside on your bicycle or riding around the farm on one of our loaner bikes.
Consider taking a family outing to places such as:
• Lake Geneva (45 minutes to the east)
• The quaint Swiss town of New Glarus (one hour to the west) with its famous bakery and brewery.
• Rockford’s world famous Anderson Japanese Gardens (a half hour drive away).
• The McEachran Homestead Winery (five miles south).
• And Ole’s, one of the greatest junk yards in the western world known by antique pickers and dealers from coast to coast (a 5 minute ride).
Dozens of local Forest Preserves for hiking, cycling boating, fishing and exploring.
At the farm, children may enjoy exploring the woods, gathering eggs in the late afternoon, harvesting part of the evening meal, milking a goat, climbing apple trees, discovering the rope swing, and getting to know, up close and personal, the pigs, goats and sheep and maybe a chicken or two.